Are you passionate about agribusiness, here is an opportunity to seize? Compassionate Women Initiative (CWI), is a project of Global Outreach Uganda and seeks to enhance its income for the implementation of some of its activities. To ensure sustainability and produce maximally, CWI seeks to recruit a farm Manager with the ability to manage a farm producing poultry and crops for the local market. The post will initially be a one-year contract and is renewable depending on prevailing circumstances.
Job Title: Farm Manager (1 Job)
Organization: Global Outreach Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Wairaka, Jinja, Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A. Physical Farm tasks
- Prepare soil and plants for planting.
- Perform transplanting of nursery bed plants for planting.
- Cultivate, apply manure, water, and trim plants at the CWI farm.
- Irrigates all plants at the farm.
- Fumigates and disinfects plants at the CWI farm for pests and diseases.
- Inspect all areas of the farm for any changes
- Supervise the farm workers in their versions task even helping to do the manual labor.
- Oversee the farm workers are doing their tasks as required in their PRDs
- Lease with the veterinarian and report on when the vet schedules
- Responsible for the day to day decisions on the farm in consultation with the MD or Program Manager (II) Asset Management
- Insure that all farm equipment is maintained and handled well, feeders, building, equipment, etc
- Consulting with MD or Program Manager when there is need to purchase new equipment or replace.
- Team building and communications skills with the farm staff
- Stock taking
- Taking Inventory of all farm assists
- Preparing Annual Farm Work Plans & Budgets
- Reporting on weekly implementation of day to day activities.
- Developing Progress reports.
- Marketing all farm products for a fair market price
- In coordination with the Accountant insure they are transported to where they are to be sold.
- Determine the pricing in consolation with Accountant, MD and Program Manager.
- Insuring that all sales are documented on the Sales Log to be turned in weekly
- Plan a long-range marketing program annually.
- Training of students and guiding visitors who come to see the farm.
E. Public Relations
- Sell out the Vision, Mission and values of CWI to our partners, patients and Community.
- Handle clients and partners with respect and kindness by using my Christianity to show others Jesus Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a minimum of a certificate in an agriculture related qualification from recognized institutions
- At least two years’ experience as a farm supervisor / Manager working in a farm setting preferably a poultry farm. Key personal competencies and essentials for the role
- Demonstrated strong coordination, teamwork, and planning skills,
- Ability to function effectively with partners, clients, customers and other staff
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- A good team player
- Ability to be mentored but also coach others
- Self-driven and Self Motivated How to apply CWI is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: not later than 31st July, 2018, 4:00pm.